Functions of the Research Institutions
Funding is only supplied to researchers who operate from within a recognised research institution. South Africa has the capacity and the skills of reputable and well-established institutions where research is conducted. Many of these are world renowned for their knowledge and skills.
The process in essence:
- Draft project proposals in accordance with the needs identified by the industry
- Submit project proposals to the Planning Committees for evaluation
- Proposals are evaluated by industry specialists, not all proposals are successful
- Execute research, within the contractual obligations of the RMRD SA
- Submit annual progress reports to the Planning Committees for monitoring
- Submit final reports promptly to the Planning Committees for evaluation
- Prepare popular articles, final report and other material for publication
There are many organisations which support and provide research facilities for research in the Red Meat Industry amongst other areas of research.
This is not a comprehensive list of Institutes where research could be done and does not prohibit other research institutes to apply for funding.